Spitfire R6753 was built by Supermarine at the Woolston factory and equipped with a Rolls Royce Merlin MK3 engine. Its first flight was on June 13th of 1940. June 14th 1940 it was delivered to the 12th maintenance unit until it was assigned on the July 14th to 603 Squadron based at Royal Air Force Turnhouse in Scotland. The aircraft was marked XT-G and was flown in air defense duties. The squadron moved south on the August 27th to R.A.F Hornchurch which was a base for front-line fighters during the Battle of Britain. 603 squadron was in aerial combat the very next day. On August 29th, 1940 R7653 was damaged by fire from Messerschmitt 109 ’s. The pilot bailed out and the aircraft crashed at 06:42 near St Mary’s Road, Dymchurch in Kent.
Comments will be approved before showing up.